Orlando Pride Coach + 2 new food stands at the Epcot Art Festival
Hello, Orlando residents! It’s me again, Carlos Hernandez, your host of the Orlando Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Cloudy and sunny weather. High: 83 Low: 65.
Here are the best stories today in Orlando:
1. 2 new food stands should debut at EPCOT International Arts Festival from January 14, 2022. they will be called Deco Delights and The courtyard of the craftsmen. During the event, guests can enjoy over 100 Disney artists and guests spread throughout the theme park. (Click on Orlando)
2. One Tampa Bay Hospital announced his first confirmed case of new omicron COVID-19 variant Tuesday. James A. Haley Veterans Hospital confirmed the case and said the patient “is showing mild symptoms and has recently returned from international travel”. (Tampa patch)
3. The Winter city park will host a special opening ceremony for the new Winter park library and event center to Saturday 11 December To 9h00. The free event will run until 3 p.m. (Bungalower)
4. The Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando announced that Borrelli + Partners will undertake the design of his new home and the construction will be carried out by HJ Top. The animal shelter received nearly $ 1 million in donations in the weeks following a devastating fire that broke out in September. (Fox 35 Orlando)
5. Orlando Pride hired Amanda Cromwell of UCLA like his new head coach. The announcement came shortly after trading two longtime stars for Gotham FC, goalkeeper Ashlyn Harris and defender Ali Krieger. (Orlando Weekly)
Today’s Orlando Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in Orlando:
- Sandwiched art: María del Mar González-González, PhD, art historian. (12h00)
- Girls’ Weightlifting vs Winter Park / Colonial @ Colonial. (15:00)
- Boys Football vs. Timber Creek @ Timber Creek. (6:00 p.m.)
- Artistic evening – Orlando Museum of Art. (6:00 p.m.)
- German Holiday Cuisine at Publix Aprons Cooking School at The Marketplace at Dr. Phillips. (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Pet Alliance Greater Orlando: “We asked some of our longtime residents at the Sanford Refuge for their best songs of 2021 and here’s what they had to say! Are any of these pets your musical soul mate? #adoptdontshop #Picme #iadopted #petsmartcharities #adoptorl … “(Instagram)
- Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer: “We are fortunate that there are so many nonprofits and schools in our community that offer programs for young residents before and after school. I am proud that the City of Orlando – the government is supporting some of their efforts by … “(Facebook)
- Orange County, Florida: Barnett Park in Orlando on W. Colonial Drive is open all week from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for COVID-19 vaccinations and testing. It’s FREE. Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J vaccines are available to eligible residents aged 12 to 12. years and older. #IGotMyShot #vac … “(Instagram)
- Orlando Health: “We are delighted to welcome two new physicians to our supportive and palliative care program at the Orlando Health Cancer Institute. Welcome, Dr Alexander Harding and Dr Mary Busowski! #ChooseOrlandoHealth “(Facebook)
- Main streets of Orlando: “In this city anything can be a surface for a mural – from a wall to a breaker box! Art by @_ryansemple.. #Alocalthing” (Instagram)
You can feature your local business in this newsletter spot for just $ 79 per month. Click here to find out more.
That’s all for today! I’ll catch up with you early tomorrow morning with a new update. If you notice these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats Food Blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and I also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food related blogs and articles.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Orlando Daily? Contact me at [email protected]