Art News: ‘Fear Of Rain’, Art Festival, Super Bowl Inspired Art
TAMPA BAY, FL – The Tampa Bay area’s arts scene continues to thrive. Here are the latest news and events from the region.
Sand sculpture on Clearwater Beach celebrates Super Bowl victory
In addition to flag-raising and cannon firing, the City of Clearwater and the Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival are celebrating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Super Bowl LV victory by creating a unique sand sculpture on Clearwater Beach.
Joan Jett and Billy Idol join Miley Cyrus for Super Bowl hatchback
Before heading to Raymond James Stadium, frontline health workers got a larger-than-expected TikTok Tailgate. Rock legends Joan Jett and Billy Idol joined Miley Cyrus on the fan plaza.
Joyland Country Music Club moves to new location
Joyland, Bradenton’s iconic country music hotspot, is moving from its Bradenton excavations to a new location in Manatee County.
Upcoming artistic events:
- Live broadcast of the USF Wind Ensemble: Friday, February 12, 3:30 p.m.
- Romantic Jazz Brunch: Sunday, February 14, 10 a.m. to noon, at the Bazaar on Apricot & Lime at 821 Apricot Ave. in Sarasota.
- Virtual talk by quilter, designer and artist David Owen Hastings: Monday, February 15, 7 p.m.
- Women of Distinction: A Celebration of Composers and Musicians: Thursday, February 18, 5:30 p.m. at the Sarasota Campus of downtown Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 1534 Mound Street.
- Motown Salute: The Last Original Stars: Thursday, February 18, 7 p.m. at the Venice Community Center, 326 Nokomis Ave. S. in Venice.
- Blank Tablet: Pushing the Limits: Friday, February 19, 5:00 p.m. at Hermitage Artist Retreat Beach, 6660 Manasota Key Road in Englewood.
- American Stage presents “Satchmo at the Waldorf”: February 19-28 (performance recorded in streaming)
Do you have artistic news or events you want to share with Patch? Send an email to [email protected]